Thursday, June 25, 2015

List of OCD through a day

I'll start the day by making a list of all the OCDs or rituals I do today so that I can put it on perspective to my self and others and to see how this condition can make you a slave, I will put in parentheses whether the ritual, the irrational action is new or has been with me for a while.

 

List of OCD new and old

Spitting 4 times to the right while peeing (old) somehow right is good left is bad

While turning a light switch to the down position I push it up again not enough to putt it on the up position, some how up is good down is bad (old)

I prefer the number 7 and the number 8. 4 is not bad 6 I do not like somehow I associated with the devil so I like numbers that end or have a 7 or an 8 so setting a thermostat would end up on 78 because it has both 7 and 8 all though 77 is ok but it gives me an uncomfortable feeling 76 it's a no-no cause it has a 6. 75 is OK. If I'm pumping gas I also have to land on a 7 or 8 or a number that adds up to 7 or 8 or 4 or 3 the thought here is if 6 is the number of the devil 7 is the number of God and eight is the number representing infinity and I associate that with GOD and eternal existence and that is good. 4 would be the points of a cross also good 3 would be the trinity "Father Son & Holy Spirit"

 

If I buy a guitar with a serial number or pick a telephone number or anything that has to do with numbers 7,8,4,3 are preferred 5, 2 and 0 are ok 9 it's also ok but least preferable since it is an upside down 6 this is a very old one (old) funny enough I live on 66 St, and there is a 6 on my house number and that never bothered me also I was for in the 60s haha

I exit and enter a building or a room leading with the right foot , again the though here is that right is good left is bad so I gotta lead with the right and everything will be fine, if I lead with the left I exit the building and re-enter this is one I have to hide from friends because is obvious so I'll pretend that I dropped something,that I saw something or that I think I forgot something so that I can re-enter or re-exit

(Old) it probably looks really stupid haha

I also if on a walk I prefer not to step on a crack and if I'm going to land on one; I do a little jump or add a little step so that I can avoid it and at the same time pass the crack leading with the right foot. (Old)

Totally not what I would do

So far today I've done a couple of these, rituals but some I've just remembered and shared them anyway. Most of them have been old but here is a new one, this one is at least 2 years old or younger : If I'm in a restaurant when I leave I have to drink four times out of the glass of water or soda left. four times have to be four sips four times I mean 4 sets of four sips and I was doing it even if there was no liquid on the glass!!! (New) so in this one I see a combination of repetition and numbers I guess in my head there really is safety in numbers (pun intended) haha and as I get older the OCD can become longer or more elaborate since it can contain layers or parts of another OCD or rituals.

I will continue this list for my benefit and maybe the benefit of others; in the hopes to illustrate on paper how ridiculous OCD can be. I've been up for less then an hour and I already performed 3 OCDs 3 unnecessary "rituals" some are so old that have become second nature, I'll start my day and keep documenting my silliness through out the day.

So for now remember there is Safety in numbers haha.

 

Be well.
Eddie.

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment